Thursday, May 12, 2011

Day TEN

Before heading out!

On the Carrousel

She loved this one!

It's a small world

Kate's bashful stance with Goofy, my favorite photo!




See the little girls that wouldn't leave?  I was so Pissed!



Nemo-Alex loved this one!

She is holding on to Mike for dear life after one of them knocked her over!!

I love this one!

I want to ride in the "orange" one!


See that smile--i was so happy in this moment!


DISNEY!!!! It was great! The kiddos did great, the weather was great & boy are we tried!!!  I will extend this blog tomorrow & add pictures! Just know Kate got to meet Mickey,Minnie & other characters & loved the tea cup & dumbo ride. Alex liked the Nemo submarine ride. My favorite was seeing the joy on Kate's face as we rode Dumbo or as she called it "Elephant." Mike's favorite moment was, well he says he is "too tired" to answer!
Off to bed . . .

That was my post that I wrote on our way home last night.  Now I will add more details!

We left home around 7:45 or so and headed there!   We had trouble finding parking somehow, but once we did we were so excited!!  We loaded up the double stroller and we were off!  We jumped on the tram (Mike with the kiddos & me with the stroller and our stuff) and then after some walking & buying our tickets we were finally in Disney Land!!  We started in Fantasyland with Mike taking Kate on  Snow White's Scary Adventure while I feed Alex.  Then I took an upset Kate back on Snow White, she had seen some other ride that she wanted to go on!  She was pointing and saying "This one, This one!"  Next I took her on the King Arthur Carrousel, which she did ok on, but wasn't that happy. Then Mike took her on the Dumbo the Flying Elephant ride or as Kate called it, the "Elephant."  She really enjoyed this one and liked going up and down. Next Mike took Kate on the Mad Tea Party, the teacup spinning ride.  She really liked it ALOT, so then I took her on it!  And after that she wanted to still ride it again!!!  We all stood in line to ride "its a small world." The kids like this one.

We wanted to try to see some characters so we headed over to Mickey's Toontown and first we saw Goofy.  We got in line and once it was our turn Kate did her bashful thing that she does and Goofy copied her and well it is probably my favorite picture of Kate from the day!  Next, we saw Minnie and she was really shy with Minnie.  She really loved Mickey and Pluto and gave them both LOTS of hugs!!  I got pissed off while taking pictures with Mickey because the family before us didn't get their kids away from Mickey so we could get a good picture of Kate and Mickey!  What were they thinking??  Anyway, she really wanted to see Donald, but he was at anger management, we were told!  By now it was around noon and Alex was so hungry so Mike and Kate stood in line for Finding Nemo Submarine voyage while I fed him and then Alex and I joined them just before they boarded the sub!  Alex loved this ride!  Now everyone but Alex was hungry so we headed back to main street to see if we could see more characters and Alex fell asleep on our walk over.  We ate and then Chip N Dale appeared!  Kate was so excited!  When it was her turn she walked up and then one of them knocked her over!!  Poor baby!  They didn't see her!  She cried, I think it scared her more than hurt her and once she calmed down we tried to get a picture.  Poor thing she would not let go of Mike for anything!  You can see in the picture she has a death grip on Mike!  After this she wasn't so excited to see characters!
Next we headed to Adventureland and Kate and I watched and danced in the Enchanted Tiki Room.  Mike took Kate on the Jungle Cruise while I nursed Alex who had woke up from his only nap of the day of about an hour and a half!  He is such a tropper!  There wasn't much of a line for the Jungle Cruise, so then Kate and I rode it.  She liked seeing all the animals.  We headed to the New Orleans Square and we all stood in line to ride the Pirates of the Caribbean.  It had like 3 drops that were scary and made me second guess our decision to take the kids on this one!  But they did fine, Kate just held on to us a little tighter!  Then we headed to Critter Country and rode the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh as a family 2 times.  We walked through Frontierland and then back to Fantasyland.
Kate and I rode Pinocchio Daring Journey together and Mike and Kate rode Mr. Toad's Wild Ride together.  Mike and Kate rode the teacups again 2 more times and Kate and I stood in line forever it seemed like to ride Dumbo again.  Riding Dumbo with Kate was such a joy.  She had the biggest smile on her face and we were both raising our arms up and saying Yeah.  It was really a special moment for me!  Lets see what else, we then rode the Casey Jr. Circus Train as a family and Kate wanted us to ride in the "orange one!"  By this time it is like 6:30 so we decided to end our day with riding the Disneyland Railroad.  We got off the train and headed to the tram.  By the time we got to the car and left it was almost 8!!  We were one tired family!!!  Both kiddos fell asleep on the way home.

It seemed crowed but I don't think it really was all that bad looking back.  The longest we stood in line for anything was 30 minutes and some rides really had NO wait at all.  I wish he had known how easy it was to bring in food/drinks and we would have brought in more food/drinks.  Also I was so thankful for the double stroller, especially since Alex could take a nap in it.  It was a beautiful sunny day here, not a cloud in the sky.  It was really warm, but not too hot.  We wanted to take Kate to see the Princesses but it was an hour and a half wait and we just didn't think it was worth it!  Can you image in the summer people waiting 3 hours!!  Yikes!!  We saw lots of people who were sunburned but of course we all had lots of sunscreen on!  Kate and Alex both did really well and I was so proud of Kate and how she just kept on going with us!!  It really was a great day that I will always treasure!

No comments: