Sunday, February 20, 2011

THE COUGH!!

Last time I blogged, we had just taken both kiddos to the doctor on Monday, Feb 7. That week we gave Kate the breathing treatments, but her cough got worse every day!! It was turning into a really wet cough and her teacher at MDO even commented that it sounded bad. So Friday, Kate and I went back to the doctor. I talked to Dr Owens about how I felt Kate has had a cough off/on since Thanksgiving and it was the same way last fall! I told her that Mike and I were just so done with Kate coughing ALL THE TIME!! So Kate had a check x-ray, sinus x-ray (both were not fun) and blood work drawn. Dr Owens said one of her sinus cavities looked full, but her chest was ok and didn't show signs of asthma. Her CBC also was normal, but was waiting on one more test result before giving medication. On Saturday Dr Owens called to say that the bacteria test that she had tested Kate for was negavite so she thought Kate has a sinus infections and gave her antibiotics. Kate's wet cough has seemed to go away, and I think she is feeling better. We go back on Thursday to see Dr Owens and see if the cough was caused by her sinus or if there is something else going on. We will see!

As fast as Alex got sick, I feel he got better just as fast. He was wheezing until Tuesday, but Wednesday he seemed so much better!! He is back to his happy self and has even starting sleeping all night! We have had 3 nights so far that he has slept from 7pm until 5:30am!! It's so awesome!

I also have been sick and have a sinus infection. I went to the doctor on Tuesday. I seem to feel better today--finally!!

No comments: