Thursday, February 23, 2012

Jill's Trip to DC

I was so excited to take a trip on my own to DC to visit my best friend from high school, Amanda.  Unfortunately, Tuesday night (Valentines Day) I started throwing up at dinner time.  I thought it was just due to the bad food I had eaten that day since it was V-Day, but I was wrong.  I called in sick to work on Wednesday (ha ha, I wish!) and hang out all day with Alex on the couch.

 I headed out Thursday morning at around 4am for my 6:10 flight.  My tummy felt better, but was still sore from vomiting.  I tend to get sick flying so I decided to take 2 Dramamine instead of the 1 I usually take.  Oh my goodness I thought I was going to pass out before I even boarded the plane!  I slept and read and before I knew it I arrived early in DC.


Amanda picked me up and then we headed out to pick up little Greyson!  He is 3 months old and the best baby ever!!  He is always happy and just slept and ate the whole time I was there.  Really I didn't even feel like there was a baby in the house he was so good!!


Unfortunately I found out I did have a stomach virus because Amanda starting throwing up Thursday night.  Poor thing!  I felt so bad for her!  Then Mike got it on Friday during the night and then his Dad (who flew in Thursday night) got it on Sunday.  Either of the kids got it, just us adults!


Friday Amanda and I just hung out, she felt pretty bad from throwing up! Saturday we finally left the house to meet Mike's brother, Doug and his girlfriend for dinner.  I was excited to meet Lizzi, since I had heard so much about her.  Amanda and I both just loved her and her and Doug were too cute together!  So glad we met up with them!  After our late lunch we headed to Target and then back to Amanda's for dinner and TV watching!


Sunday afternoon Amanda took me over to my friend's Katie's house (which we almost didn't find due to my stupid iphone dying like 5 miles from Katie's house!!!)  Anywho, I enjoyed seeing Katie, Trey and their sweet little girl Haley.

Monday morning I had another super early flight and before I knew it, with 2 Dramamines later, I was home!!

I didn't realize how much I missed Mike and the kiddos until I saw them and started to cry!!

Me, Amanda and Greyson

Like I said--HAPPY baby!!

Thank you so much to Amanda, James and Greyson for having me!  It was so wonderful to catch up with an old friend and lay in bed until 9AM!!

No comments: