Monday, February 6, 2012

Alex at 17 months

REally, really is my little baby going to be a year and a half next month??  Really?  Gosh he is growing up way too fast!

He will be 17 months tomorrow and man do we love our little buddy!  He talks a mile a minute and FINALLY doesn't cry when I leave him in the nursery at the rec center (he is such a Mama's boy).  His favorite things to say right now are Where?, On, Off, Scary, Play, Waffles, Strawberries, Pineapples, Katiebug, Where are you? Ready, Set, Go and gosh I could list like a million other things he says.

He has 8 front teeth and I think 2 molars in now.  None really seemed to bother him coming in.

His hair is pretty crazy and curly now.  I just love it!

He loves to play!  A few weeks ago I told him we were going to a play date and as I was driving there I got a phone call from a friend.  I pulled over to talk and then after a while, Alex started yelling at me "Play, Play."  It was so funny!

He loves to do everything that Kate does.  She loves to spell her name all the time, so Alex will say some letters, like "A E B C" and then clap for himself and say "yeah!"  just like we do for Kate after she spells her name.  She learned at school that a rocket goes "Vroom" and now Alex will do that also.  He loves her so much and just wants to be just like her!

He is really obsessed with Elmo, Big Bird and Ernie.  There is a video on YouTube of Elmo singing this song and he just wants us to sing it ALL the time!  He will also sit still and watch Elmo and Ernie on my ipad or iphone.

He is so smart that he blows me away!  I feel like he is a little sponge just absorbing everything we tell and read to him.

He doesn't throw fits at all but has bad behavior while sitting at the table.  He will knock his cup on the floor, kick with his feet to move himself away from the table and then pick up his plate randomly.  And yes, if he makes a mess, he will look at me and say "Mess."  He will also yell for whatever food he wants and his fork.

All in all, he is supper sweet and fun and I wish he would stay this small forever!

No comments: