Thursday, November 17, 2011

Mama get your sexy back!!

In September I finished breastfeeding Alex & decided it was time to as Justin Timberlake would say "get my sexy back."  For the first time in 4 years I finally have my body back to myself!!!  I had 4 years of being pregnant, then nursing Kate for a year, then pregnant again & then nursed Alex for a year.  It was time for ME!

When I became pregnant with Alex, Mike changed his diet to the Atkins diet & lost about 50 lbs.  So in September I said goodbye to carbs & joined Mike in his eating habits.  I really don't miss carbs, but I still love to have chips & queso on occasion.

It's been 2 1/2 months & I have lost about 10 lbs.  I have gone from a size 12 jean to a size 8.  I have lost LOTS of inches!  I really feel the lose of inches more so then the lbs.

I started running again in July after having stopped running after running my first 5K in December.  I did the couch to 5K program again & loved running in our new neighborhood!  But I got bored with that, so Mike & I have joined the Round Rock Rec center.  It offers fitness classes with your membership so I have been trying to go to a Zumba class & a cardio class once a week.  I also get up at 5:30 two morning a week to workout at the rec center.

I think this is really a life style change for me & I am very close to my goal of weighing 135 lbs!! 

No comments: