Friday, March 5, 2010

Kate & Croup!!

Monday morning I noticed that Kate was acting a little out of it, and then when she feel asleep in my arms before lunch--I knew something was up!! I took her temperature and sure enough she had fever!! I ended up sleeping in her room that night due to the fever and I noticed her cough sounded a little like a bark, but I thought there was NO WAY that it could be croup!! By noon on Tuesday she still was running a fever so I called and made a doctor appointment for the next morning. She pretty much wouldn't let me put her down ALL day Long!! By 4pm, she really started with the barking cough and then she stopped drinking and eating!! She wouldn't even eat grapes and I thought--we need to see a doctor SOON (I sometimes think she loves grapes more than ME!)!! So by 6pm we were at the doctors office and she was diagnosed with croup and had a fever of almost 103. She was given a steroid and an Epi Neb Tx (now that took me back to my working days!!) She hated it all, but sounded SO much better after the Epi neb tx. Thank Goodness!! I was very happy with the care she received! Thank you so much Austin Regional Clinic in Round Rock!!! I was so afraid that she was going to get worse during the night, but she slept OK and her fever finally broke. I ended up sleeping with her in the twin bed, so I really got no sleep. She was very hoarse the next day, but really no more barking cough. She was sent home on steroids for 2 days so that really seemed to help! Today she seems to be back to her crazy self, crawling all over the furniture, and being put in time out 2 times this morning before 8am!! She has a nasty cough, but from what I have read she could cough up to 2 weeks after having croup. We have not left the house since the doctor appointment on Tuesday so I know Kate is missing all her friends and is sick of ME!! So we have a B-day party to go to tomorrow, thankfully! I think she has given me a little cold, or it could be that I am just completely exhausted!! I hope I get to caught up on some rest this weekend. I will be 13 weeks on Sunday so I HOPE the morning sickness is coming to an end!!

1 comment:

lltanderson said...

ugh! poor kate! glad to hear she's feeling better.