Thursday, September 15, 2016

Alex's 6th birthday party

For Alex's party this year we had an outside water Minion party.  It was old school and super fun!  Luckily the rain in the morning cooled the weather off so it wasn't near as hot as last year.

Here's all my Minion food:
minion oreos

I made this Minion cake on Friday and after I iced it, my parents, myself and all the kiddos went upstairs to play.  When we came down, Maui had gotten into the cake!!  She licked one whole side icing off and took some bites.  Luckily, I still had some icing, so I just covered it with icing and planned to just use the cake as something for Alex to blow his candles out with and to give all the kids popsicles at the party.
.

minion made from fruit

minion bananas


kids filling up their water guns in the pool



After having the sprinkler on, Mike starting straying kids with the water hose!  Then he was straying them as they went down the slide.


water balloon toss


Alex has the last water balloon



one of my favorite photos from the party!  Alex threw the balloon!


minions at the party





Alex and his BFF Reese

Pinata time
So since the pinata was hanging right above the pool where the kids were filling up their water guns--they got the pinata pretty wet!  We ended up using duck tape to keep it together so all the kids could have a turn at hitting it!











We had 21 kids at the party and 21 adults.  I hope all the kids had as much fun as my kids (and Mike) had!

After the party was over, Alex opened his presents.








Mike and I want to thank my parents for helping us set up for the party!!  Thanks!  Also thanks to Gram, my parents, Aunt Jes and Uncle Brian for helping us clean up!!!

No comments: