Sunday, November 8, 2015

sinus infection AGAIN!!

Since I had my nasal surgery 3 years ago, my sinuses and allergies have been pretty much under control.  But the end of September I started with a sinus infection and I'm now on my 3rd round of antibiotics.  My allergist thought I might not have enough antibodies to fight the Pneumococcal pneumonia bacteria, so I did a blood test to see.  You are supposed to have 9 out of the 14 indicators and I only have 4!!!  So I started on my 3rd round of antibiotics and got a Pneumococcal pneumonia vaccine on Tuesday.  Tuesday night I started with fever and chills and then had them again on Wednesday night.  My arm was swollen, red and hot to the touch.  It just got worse and worse and I just kept feeling worse and worse.  Finally called my allergist on Thursday and they were worried about cellulitis.  So I circled the redness on my arm and then it was worse on Friday so I headed to the urgent care to get it looked at.  He told me I was just having a really bad local reaction to the vaccine.  It still hurts, but I feel better.

My arm on Thursday

I spend Thursday on the couch sleeping with Will.  PawPaw was so nice to take the older 2 kids for me!




My arm Friday

No comments: