Sunday, August 10, 2014

End of July update

We made it home from Maui safety, with only 2 yucky moments.  On the beginning of our red eye to LA, Alex yelled for about the first 20 minutes before he went to sleep.  Then right before we landed in Austin, he threw up.  Tiny plane and lots of turbulence made our little guy sick.  We got home by PawPaw, unloaded the car and then Mike and Kate went to pick up Trudy, while Alex and I went to HEB. 

Trudy did not do well while we were gone.  She went from 12 lbs to 8 lbs in a month.  She was also peeing blood.  Vet thought she might have bladder cancer or UTI.  She had a x-ray to rule out stones.  She was on antibiotics and looked so skinny, but had pretty normal behavior (except having to pee every 2 hours).  We decided do an ultrasound to see if she did have cancer, it was negative and she had already gained a whole pound back!!  yeah!  such good news!

Adjusting to the time change was difficult, but it was nice to see what it felt like to wake up at 9am!  It took a few days, but we finally adjusted.

 Kristin and Blake throw us a welcome home party and it was super fun to see everyone!







I had Aberlee one morning that week and we headed to Pflugerville Park for some fun!


PawPaw and I took the kids on an adventure downtown to the Children's Art Day.  Super Fun!




Then we had lunch at Phil's Ice House and then ice cream at Amy's!


Then it was my 36th birthday!!  Mike made me breakfast in bed and he and the kids sang to me in bed "happy birthday."  Then we headed out for donuts!
My parents came in on my birthday, so we hung out with them and then went out to dinner with them and my sister, Jes and Brian.  Great day! 

And then July was over!

No comments: