Sunday, March 24, 2013

Kate at 4 1/2

Kate is more & more like me every day!

I was always boy crazy growing up and at 4 1/2 years old she has her first boyfriend! At preschool, there is a boy in her class named Aiden that she says is her "boyfriend." Her teacher, Ms Karen, even told me that Kate had a bad day when Aiden wasn't at school! She hugs him when she leaves school & sings his name all the time! She is always telling me she doesn't want any other girls liking him even. Oh, she is so my daughter!

She sure is keeping me busy! She has gymnastics on Monday afternoon, Soccer practice on Tuesday & Thursday evenings and dance class on Thursday afternoon. When we ask her which is her favorite, she will always say she likes them all! She has soccer games on Saturday mornings & her team is so funny to watch!

She still loves to sing & loves to go to music class on Thursdays. She can sing with about any of the songs played on the Top 40 hits radio station we listen to. She has started asking me what the songs are about now & that has been interesting for me! I love to hear her singing in the van! My favorite right now is to hear her singing the words "sweet oven" instead of "sweet loving."

She is learning a ton at school this year! She knows the sounds to all the letters & is beginning to learn how to read! Very exciting! She knows how to add and can count forever.

She is all legs & looks taller to me every day. She is growing out of toddler clothes and into little girl clothes & it makes me so sad!

We started a new thing at dinner when we all say our "high & lows" from our day. She loves it & reminds us every night to do it! She always says has about 3 high things & hardly ever a low.

She is becoming a very good helper around the house and surprises me so! I asked her to pick up her room so I could vacuum her room next & she really did it! I couldn't believe it! She is becoming such a big girl!

She can be super sweet, like sharing her treats at a play date and helping Aberlee or Alex with something. Her behavior has really improved. I have been getting many comments about what a pleasure she is to be around (finally!)

We love our Katiebug & she makes me smile every day!

No comments: