Monday, October 1, 2012

Mommy goes under the knife

Thursday was the day!  Finally, I had my surgery!  I had been waiting until after the kiddos birthday parties to have my surgery to get rid of the constant pain on the right side of my face!  As you might remember I was diagnosed with Sluder's syndrome in August and needed to have a bone in my nose removed to get rid of my constant pain.  On Thursday morning, early, Mike and I headed to the outpatient surgery center.  I really wasn't all that nervous until I got my IV.  My anesthesiologist gave me a cocktail and then they rolled me out.  I remember saying bye to Mike and then I don't remember anything!  It's so weird that I don't remember anything--good drugs!  I also don't remember the recovery room and the next thing I remember is Mike telling the nurse how "green" I looked!  I was pretty out of it and when they finally got me up to go to the restroom, I threw up.  Somehow I got to the car and then threw up again once we were home.  I had been given nausea meds in the recovery room that had made me like drunk, but I still threw up 2 times!  I was out of it the rest of Thursday.  Mike and I were lucky that his parents were still in town so we had help with the kiddos.  My Mom came on Saturday and hung out with me while Mike and his parents took the kiddos to see Thomas the train.  Now it is Monday night and I am still pretty weak.  I am only taking pain meds at night and then Tylenol during the day.  I have more soreness than pain I think.  I was sore in my neck and of course my nose, mouth and face.  It really bothers me to reach down.  If I am standing and I bend down to reach for something, it makes my nose really hurt and makes me feel like I might throw up!

The kiddos have been great for everyone and Mike has been wonderful!  He took great care of me and the kids!  He really is my life saver!  I don't know what I would do without him!!!  Also a thanks goes out to Gram, PawPaw and Meme for also helping to take care of the kiddos and me.

 So my Mom leaves tomorrow so I will be back on my day job full time on Wednesday.  Hopefully I will be up for it!
 

No comments: