Monday, June 6, 2011

The River

This weekend we did our annual trip to the river with my family.  Everyone from my Mom's side of the family was there and we all had a great time!  We got there Friday night and played on the playground with the kids and had dinner with the family.  We all slept in one room and Alex was up alot during the night and woke up at like 5am (flash back to California!!)  We took both kids to the baby pool, which is a pool build into the river and they both screamed and wanted to get out!  So we didn't try the water again that day. After naps, my sister Jes watched Alex for us and we took Kate and my cousins James and Emily to see a movie. This was Kate's first movie at the movies!!  She did really well.  It was funny, when we sat down the previews were on and Kate saw a dog and says loudly "doggie!" and then this little girl in front of us turns around and says "SHHHHH"  So funny!  Alex was up and down ALL night Saturday night!  We got no sleep!  But I was determined to get on the river, so after church, Mike watched Alex while Kate, my mom and I went on the river!  Kate cried for a while and then she was fine and when we got out she said "again, Mama, again!"  So we went again.  Then our friends Christy, Jake and their daughter Taylor came to see us.  We hung out at the playground and then the baby pool.  Both babies cried getting in the pool and Kate wanted to go tubing again.  They headed home to put Taylor down for a nap and Kate and I hit the river!  It was getting crowded on the river so I was done with that.  We hung out the rest of the day with the family.  Again, Kate and my cousin James were inseparable.  It's so cute to see them together!  They are 8 years apart but for sure have a bond!
Taylor with the kids

Kate pushing Alex, he was just laughing the whole time!

Jes, James, Emily and Kate

The men

the preggo Jenn

the family!

Kate and James

I love this one!

I can already not wait for next year!  Next year we will have 3 babies!!

No comments: