Thursday, June 18, 2015

To Will: your birth story

Your Birth Story

On June 18, 2015 your Dad and I headed to the hospital at 6:15am to check in by 6:30am for my 7am scheduled induction at 39 weeks.  









We arrived and got checked in by our nurse, Jen.  I was still at 2cm dilated when checked by Dr Merritt at around 8am.  My Petocin was started at 8:45, along with my first dose of Penicillin for my positive Strep B.  I needed 2 doses of Penicillin before my water could be broken.  Daddy and I played gin rummy and watched Orange is the New Black.  




I got my epidural at 9:45 and at 10am I was at 3 cm dilated.  At 12:45 I was still at 3cm and Dr Merritt broke my bag.  At 3pm Dr Merritt checked on me again and I was now at 4cm dilated, but feeling contractions.  Dr Merritt, along with your Daddy and my nurse, told me to push my button on my epidural.  So I did and the pain went away, but then I throw up!  Daddy and I finished watching Orange and then I tried to nap at 5:30.  





We were waiting on Dr Merritt to check on me again, but Mike was getting hungry, so he asked Jen if she could check me before he left to get dinner.  Jen just lifted up my grown and said “time to call Dr Merritt”at 5:45pm.  I was at 10cm!! 


  Daddy and I were so excited to meet you!  Dr Merritt came in with an assistance, a baby nurse and Jen.  I pushed for 3 contractions and you were out at 5:59pm!!  Dr Merritt said “He’s huge!  Probably 10 ½ lbs!”  Someone said, “NO, I think he’s 11 lbs!”  You were on my tummy and then you finally starting crying.  



You were super quiet.  Your apgar scores were 8 and 9.  Dr Merritt was amazed that you put a knot in your umbilical cord! 



  This is something very rare! You ended up being 9 lbs 11 oz and 22 ½ inches long.  






My uterus was bleeding a lot and I had to have clotting meds again like I had after having your brother, but then my uterus started to harden and everything was ok.  I feed you about an hour after you were born and you did great!  


Daddy and I were so happy to have you here with us! 

THEN  . . . . you got to meet your big brother and sister!







Your Gram and PawPaw



And Aunt Jes and Uncle Brian




No comments: