Thursday, March 29, 2012

Of course when Daddy is gone . . .

The kiddos get sick!!

Sunday night Gram flew in & then Mike flew out Monday afternoon for a business trip to Turkey.

So since he is gone Kate started coughing & then Alex had a fever!! Both kiddos had runny noses on Tuesday & then Alex had fever that afternoon. He is getting in 4 teeth right now, so I think that's why he keeps getting an afternoon fever.

Yesterday I took Kate to preschool but I wasn't surprised when they called for me to pick her up. She was coughing a bunch that morning, but other than that seemed fine. She had a little fever & was breathing heavy. Then she started wheezing. I decided not to wait to take her to the dr & I'm glad I didn't! As the afternoon went on her wheezing just got worse & worse. She told me that she needed to see Dr Owens so she could get some medicine. She got a breathing tx & a dose of steroids in the office & a prescription for 3 more days of steroids. Dr. Owens thinks her wheezing was caused by her allergies.

She is much better today & will return to school tomorrow.

Alex had fever again last night, but has no other symptoms of anything. He has been fine today.

No comments: