Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Hives & Horses

So, if it isn't enough for me to be dealing with the stress of a newborn & a 2 year old- Thursday night I found myself covered in hives!!! I was itching like crazy & had a rash everywhere it seemed!! I have now been to my dermatologist & he says it's from my clothes, gave me two different antihistamines to take & steroid creme. He says things should be better by Friday. I sure hope so!

On a positive note, Alex already has two (girl)friends! My dear friend & college room mate Katie had her baby girl & our friends Christy & Jake had their little girl also!!! Mike, Alex & I visited Christy, Jake & Taylor on Thursday. Congratulations to Katie, Trey, Christy & Jake on their sweet little girls!!!

On Monday I took the kids to a place called Arrowhead Ranch. It is a farm right in the middle of a subdivision-it was really strange! Kate had a super time holding the rabbits, chasing the chickens, watching the horses, petting the donkey & trying to fed the goats rocks!!! She still has a love for animals! Unfortunately, as Mike & I call them, she had a meltdown while we were there so the morning ended on a bad note, but we still had fun!! She also took some pictures of herself with the camera--she would even say "cheese" and smile when she took the picture!








Everyone has been asking how Kate has adjusted to Alex & well, I think she is
doing ok. I mean, she is for sure a 2 year old & we have our good days & bad
days, but overall she is handling things ok. She likes to hold Alex& calls him her brother. She likes to put the pacifier back in this mouth & gets excited when he takes it & she will say "I did it!".

Kate seems to know all her letters now & her numbers from 1-10. She loves to count & does it very well! She still loves to be read to, but now wants to be able to hold the book herself & turn the pages herself!! She also is loving puzzles. Also, she has started singing more. She will repeat the last word of the line being sang-I love listening to her sing to hip pop in the car!!

Alex is really a good baby so far. He seems to be a little more fussy than Kate, but is almost as good a sleeper as she is. He will go 5 hrs at night sometimes without eating, so I am getting some sleep. I can't believe that he is 4 weeks old already!! He has started to smile & loves to smile at his Mama! I think he is a little bit of a Mamas boy already!! He is also a good eater like Kate, so no problems there! He also has as Oprah says "the ugly" cry,it is terrible!! I swear he will be sound asleep & I will leave the room & he somehow knows & he will do some serious ugly crying!!

All and All, Life is good in the Abernethy house!!

No comments: