Friday, May 28, 2010

Port Aransas Trip

Oh, to think this time last week, my Mom & Dad, Jes & Brian, Kate and I were on our way to spend 3 days at the beach in Port Aransas!!

Kate and I left Wednesday to head to my parents house. Kate loves seeing all the cows, dogs and taking a ride with my Dad & Mom around the ranch. My parents had set up a swing for her and of course she LOVED it!! She especially loved when my Mom took us in the ranch truck and she got to sit with my Mom and drive!!






Friday morning we all headed to Port Aransas and all of us ended up there about the same time. It was a beautiful 3 bedroom/3 bath condo that I had rented though Homeaway.com. It was right next to the community pool and within walking distance to the beach(even though we drove). Poor Kate had to sleep in her pack n'play in the closet due to even though the rooms were a nice size, they had really big furniture in them and her pack n' play wouldn't fit anywhere but the closet!! But she didn't seem to mind!

Friday afternoon we all headed to check out the beach. This was Kate's first time to the beach so I was super excited to see what see would do! She wasn't so sure about it the first day.







Next we headed to the pool, and she was like a little fish!! She seems to have no fear at all of the water!





Saturday we spent the morning at the beach, which Kate decided that she LOVED, then headed back to the condo for Kate's nap and then went to the pool after nap. Oh so relaxing!!







Sunday was pretty much the same as Saturday, except that Kate decided to say a word!! Yes, finally after waiting all this time, she said Uh-Oh and then she said Apple!! Right there at the beach--I still can't believe she said it!! I was super excited! She also warmed up to my Dad and gave him a kiss goodbye Sunday morning when he had to leave to go to work. Also, on Sunday one of my high school friends, Karen and her son stopped by. It was great to see them!





Monday morning we hit the pool again and then sadly it was time to go. Kate really did have a great time and she really does love the water. We stayed the night in Alice and then headed home on Tuesday morning.

It was a great trip to the beach with my family. A big thanks goes out to Brian who did most of the cooking while we were there!!!

No comments: