Monday, September 22, 2008

First Pictures of Kate









Here are the first pictures of Kate, who is now 13 hours old! Jill and I made it through the first night without any issues. Kate is feeding well...when she chooses to feel like eating instead of sleeping.

Jill and I think Kate is just the most beautiful baby we've ever seen, but we may be a bit biased. One thing that is really original to Kate though is her hair color. She has a golden brown hair, almost as if it was highlights that someone put in. No exaggeration, 3 labor and delivery nurses (and they see babies every day of their lives) said it was the first time they'd ever seen a color like that before.

No one can figure out whether Kate looks more like her father or her mother, so most likely, she's a blend of both of us.

She's been a great baby so far, rarely crying and smiling at me every time I talk to her. I am even convinced she said her first word yesterday (which a nurse will attest to, I swear).

More postings will come over the next couple of days, but wanted to get some pictures out now in our (very short) break between feedings.

Love, Mike, Jill and Kate

No comments: